Description de l'offre
Reporting to the Co-Executive Directors, the Program Director, Social Innovation Generation will work to develop, coordinate and manage the MIS’s support program for innovation generation. The purpose of this program is to promote the inclusive development of innovations with a compelling social or environmental impact in partnership with other ecosystem stakeholders. The incumbent will work with a multidisciplinary team specialized in innovation management, entrepreneurship, participatory research and design.
As the person in charge of the support program for innovation generation, the Program Director will serve in a management capacity but will also provide expertise in design, rapid prototyping, and stakeholder facilitation and management. The incumbent will work closely with partners from various backgrounds to implement community outreach, ideation, experimentation and prototyping projects (from inception to implementation) serving a variety of communities and contexts.
– Work closely with current and future partners to complete and deliver various components of the organization’s service offering.
– Manage the team assigned to the support program for innovation generation to ensure the organization’s objectives are met.
– Collaborate with the necessary stakeholders to jointly develop and implement innovation generation projects and ensure the organization’s project portfolio remains current. Guide, organize and support project stakeholders.
– Monitor the progress of current projects. Define approaches, implement best practices, delegate operational tasks to the designated teams, supervise teams with the necessary level of authority and ensure consistency in project management methodology.
– Actively seek out and foster connections with new social innovation initiatives and analyses, particularly as they pertain to collective and social entrepreneurship.
– Develop project concepts and ideas and convey them to team members, partners and funders.
– Draft various analysis and planning reports for Co-Executive Directors.
– Represent MIS at various external forums.
– Believes in the importance of design in social and environmental innovation and sees in it a tremendous potential for driving global and societal change.
– Takes a systematic approach to things and is naturally inclined to step back and see the big picture before subsequently zeroing in on details and operational realities. Knack for dealing with project complexities.
– Is comfortable with agile and iterative project management practices. Can navigate efficiently in a constantly changing environment where “the airplane is being built while it is being flown.”
– Exhibits creativity, an open mind and an entrepreneurial approach.
– Possesses strong interpersonal skills, a team mindset and the capacity to work with stakeholders from various sectors and corporate cultures.
– Is versatile, flexible and politically savvy. Shows a flair for negotiation and communication.
– Takes the initiative when it comes to managing priorities.
– Thrives in a constantly changing environment in startup mode.
– University degree in a discipline related to design and/or relevant experience in service design, strategic design, social design or industrial design.
– Ten or more years of experience in project management related to social or environmental innovation.
– Knowledge of the collective and social entrepreneurial community in Quebec and/or in Canada and/or abroad.
– Familiarity with the academic environment.
– Proven experience in partner engagement and multipartner project management.
– Respected ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and cooperation.
– Proven experience in the concurrent planning, management, implementation and evaluation of complex projects within a set budgetary framework.
– Experience in designing, managing and implementing projects with positive social impact or managing an innovative business in the social or environmental field.
– Proficiency in strategies that showcase the innovative nature of a complex project and the best avenues for communicating these strategies to project stakeholders.
– Experience in developing and/or implementing solutions with limited resources.
– Knowledge of methods and tools (living labs, change labs, participatory design, ethnography, etc.) used to provide end-to-end support in the social innovation generation process (outreach, ideation, prototyping, experimentation).
– Fluency in both English and French a definite asset. Candidates who do not speak French but show an interest in learning will be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Dominique Décarie Kendra Fayard
President Director, Consulting Services
O 514.333.1535 M 514.591.2560 O 514.333.1535 M 514.999.9603